An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Laboratory Technician to join an existing team in Grimsby.Job Purpose
- Testing Final Product and Raw Material for microbiological safety and quality.
- Continually seek learning opportunities for growth and development that improves personal and organisational performance
- Support a positive can do attitude that inspires and motivates team members.
- Daily temperature checks
- Pipetting samples
- Daily equipment check
- Plate counting
- Faxing and photocopying
- Reporting low stock items
- Answering the telephone and speaking to clients
- Receiving samples and assessing condition before processing
- Weighing out samples
- Media Q.C
- Maintaining the standards set by the laboratory
- Making Senior Technicians aware of any problems
- Following the methods and procedures detailed in the Microbiology Manual
- Improve the performance of our assets to maximise value, minimise waste and minimise costs.
Safety & Environment
- Take responsibility for our performance and our decisions. Take action to address problems or failures quickly whilst seeking innovative ways of improving.
- Media preparation
- Entering samples onto Micro LIMS
- Entering results onto Micro LIMS
- Drive Sustainable Continuous Improvement
- Conduct our operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Performing daily safety checks
- Removing waste from the laboratory and swapping over the Biffa bins
- Segregating waste appropriately for recycling
-Qualifications Required for the Job
- Strengthen our capabilities through targeted development to maximise strengths in our people, processes and equipment.
- Skills and Experience Required
Experience Required for the Job
- Science Degree or A levels with some lab experience
- Experience working in an analytical environment is beneficial but not mandatory
Working efficiently as part of the Chemical Laboratory Team to ensure all samples received each week are tested and results released on time.
To apply for this position please either click apply now or contact Laura Jones at Stafforce on 07966947197