Do you enjoy the freedom of being on the road? Are you a competent driver? Qualified to drive vans and/or Lorries?
Would you enjoy working for the UK leading Delivery and Collection Company that is expanding?
We are looking for a presentable, positive team player who is willing and flexible enough to help colleagues ensure that all our customers get their parcels to their customers on time. You must enjoy customer interaction; have great communication/Interpersonal skills which will help us deliver our usual excellent customer service.
- Driving a Long Wheel Base Sprinter size van
- Collecting and delivering parcels both to households and businesses
- Ensuring vehicle is driven in a safe and courteous manner
- Using an electronic hand held scanner
- Lifting and carrying parcels weighing up to 30kg
- Organising and planning of own route
- Flexible i.e. may be required to start and finish at different times
- Available to work overtime during the week and weekends
- Follow correct key delivery process
- Motorway and Urban Driving
- Driving up to 150 miles a day
- Working between 8 – 11 hours a day
- High density multi drop experience – Minimum of 50 drops
- Full UK Driving Licence (Photo Card and Counterpart) – no more than 6 points
- Good knowledge of local area
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Physically fit and mobile
- Good customer service skills
- High degree of safety awareness
- Adaptable to change
- Map out route from A – Z
- To be over the age of 21 (twenty-one) years;
- Have worked, as a driver, for at least 60 days in last 6 months;
- Hold a full driving licence clear of endorsements other than (endorsements for speeding and or parking offences, failure to comply with a traffic direction sign or traffic sign, using mobile phone whilst driving, up to a maximum of six points)
- Hold a valid category licence as appropriate for the type of vehicle to be driven, for more than two years;
You will be rewarded with regular work and a competitive pay rate of £13.37 per hour.